So--we've been getting some extra questions with this last birthing adventure. I'm sure not all of you are as curious as some of you--but just in case you are--here are a few of my lastest Q & A's
Q: Why was Aaron out of town when you were so close to your due date?
A: I was counting on this baby coming AFTER his due date--like his four brothers who arrived the following number of days late: 8, 4.11.and 7. See? I just figured there was some sort of precedent that would be followed.. . . . . . . .oops :-)
Q: Why would you have a baby at home? In the bathtub?
A: This birth was the most peaceful thing I have ever experienced. Yes, I was alone (aside from my sleeping sons) going through some pretty intense labor (and I use that word because it IS work) but I was calm, unafraid, and everything was just so tranquil. There's nothing like privacy during such a special time in life. Honestly, this was the best birth ever--even without the presence of my favorite husband. I am very glad that I had a midwife there to unwrap Elias's cord--that would have been a little tricky, but I didn't need her there until the end, so it was fine that she arrived when she did.
Q:Elias? Really?
A: Yes. And I don't name your babies, so let me name mine. This name was set from 2 months on. That's his name, I'm sure of it.
AND THE ULTIMATE QUESTION:
Q: So are you gonna' keep trying for a girl?
A: Nah, we like boys. I hope the next one is a boy. Really.
6 comments:
Do people not like the name Elias? Huh. I think it's great, not that it matters what I think about what you named your son, but just a word of support:)
Congrats again on your wonderful new addition:)
P.S. I kinda sorta maybe hope that you have a girl some day who inherits your beautiful locks.
Rebecca,
You are so sweet--I kind of feel bad my kids don't have my hair, too. But MAYBE it will get darker and darker as the years go on. . . . and I'm glad you like Elias. It's always nice to get support :-)
When people don't like a name, just tell them it is a family name, and then suddenly, they like it better. And Elias Malouf really is a family name-Steve took his name to the temple the other day.
Well...
I love that you had a water birth by yourself and that you loved it. I'm going to have one someday. It's my goal.
Also, I love the name Elias - seriously.
Also, it just makes your hair look so much more luxurious and beautiful to be surrounded by boys with boring short hair.
Well you know how I feel about Bible names and Elias is one we tossed around, but landed on Isaac. So good job on the name.
I think you are brave to do an at home birth (mainly because we have had complications and were grateful for the hospital) but I completely understand enjoying a calm peaceful birth.
I think doing it all natural is very peaceful, not to mention the fact that the recovery kicks butt! Way to go I say, way to go!
Glad all is going well and I have to say we love boys too!
HAHAHAHA--what a great way to tell people to MYOB--I loved it!
Post a Comment