Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He's HERE!!!!

Announcing the arrival of Elias Malouf Beutler--our favorite Fifth Son. Just to mix things up a bit, he arrived EARLY--three days before his due date--and after only four hours of labor. That was enough time to get him here safely, but not the midwife, father, or midwife trainee. My midwife friend from down the street came--she got here a whopping twenty minutes before Elias. While the boys slept peacefully in their bedrooms, their brother arrived at 6:00 a.m. He was born in the water, and Aaron participated via speaker phone. Aaron said he prefers to be there in person, but he was still six hours away so there wasn't much chance of making it. We are thrilled to have Elias here--and maybe we'll share more of the story later!!!

Eight pounds 3 1/2 ounces ** 21 1/4 inches long*** Feet--Aaron**Malouf nose (I think)
Hands--Grandpa Jim***Eyes: Blue*** Hair: Black (and the most of all our boys)

Mother's appetite (big) and sleeping quantity (not quite so big, unfortunately)
Who does he look like? Himself of course! We are so happy to have him here.

15 comments:

Becky Moss said...

He is so cute! Thanks for sharing pictures so soon. His hands look big and so do his feet. His shirt is fun. I can't wait to see him in person. We hope you (Aneesa)recuperate quickly. We love you all!

Eve said...

Oooh, he's so perfect! Way to go you brave woman. Thanks for sharing the precious pictures.

Laura said...

What??? I'm glad your midwife friend beat him, if only by a few minutes. That is crazy. And he is...

Really, ridiculously cute. I love him. Too bad our kids are related, or I would try to implement a betrothal. How are you?

Regina said...

Congrats! He is so cute!

jungleprincess said...

What a beautiful baby! He looks so Malouf! I loved hearing all the details of your birth--wonderful job, Aneesa, and we can't wait to see you guys again!

emily ballard said...

Congratulations! It is exhausting for me to think about five boys! I can't even keep up with one.

Beutler Family said...

Awww. He's sweet. Love the name. Aneesa, you are so BRAVE to have him at home, and mostly alone too. And you look great. Wow. Hope all goes well and that you can get some sleep soon. We're anxious to see ALL FIVE of you! I agree that he looks more Malouf than his brothers.

Laura said...

More pictures?

Kerstin said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable! You are one tough woman! :)

Lesli said...

I can't believe you had him at home! Way to go!! In a few months or maybe a year our babies will be able to play together. It will probably take that long since mine won't be here until July. Congrats on having an adorable boy. Happy Birthday too!

Nathan Shelton said...

Hope you had a good birthday yesterday, Aneesa. Also enjoy your blog posts!
- Nathan

Tricia said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute.

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Cant believe I missed this post till now. It was good to see you today and see him in person. He is just beautiful and you look awesome!

jennie said...

So happy for you!!! What a cute little guy. Just one question. What the heck was your hubby doing out of town 3 days before your due date? I wouldn't let mine travel 3 WEEKS before mine. (But I've delivered all 3 at least a week early). STILL! Congrats on #5!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad I got to meet him in person today. He is adorable and you are right, he looks EXACTLY like himself.

You are superwoman! That is amazing that you birthed him basically all by yourself! Amazing!