Saturday, December 06, 2008

Samuel's Birthday Cake 2008

All Right! My cousin Rebecca posted a picture of a cake on her blog--and lo and behold, it is the same cake design that we made for Samuel's birthday. Maggie told me she wanted to make it in July (his birthday is in November) so we had to wait a long time, but during that time, I stockpiled candy (including some from Halloween) and as you can see, managed to load quite a bit on the cake. The idea is from the magazine "Taste of Home (2007)" What a lovely birthday for our little sugar addict. He had a great time--we all got a LOT more sugar than we needed, and now Malachi has a cold. But HERE IT IS!!!!!

And here is my little sisssy--so cute. Sorry the picture is a little blurry. Not only did Maggie do (most of) the cake, but she even came up the day before to help me clean my house. I think she is pretty awesome. I am posting this picture without her permission, so if it disappears, you'll know why.

5 comments:

Regina said...

That cake turned out really cute! And all that sugar! I'm sure the kids loved it!

Rebecca said...

AWESOME! That is amazing!

Maran said...

Very cute cake! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jamie said...

Great cake for a cute boy.
I totally realize the the kids were not scared of the puppets, I just didn't want anyone (you) to get offended when I said they were afraid of you:) Hey, they weren't afraid, just a little nervous. Those kids had never before, and I am guessing never since seen anything like us crazy, white gringas.

M&M Malouf Family said...

I just have to tell you the cake looks awesome. Even better than I imagined it. I've had so much fun reading all your bolg with Mike. It's been a while since I've sat down and read. Sure love you.